Saturday, November 20, 2010

Plumes Coffee House


I'd been to Plumes once before -- after all, it's a favorite cafe of many students in the downtown Monterey area. This time I decided to go in and pay more attention to what I was drinking. Considering that I was on my work break, I had to grab my drink to go.


After staring at their menu for some time, I decided on a Mocha Blanca (. Have I confessed to preferring dessert coffee drinks yet? Well, I do. In fact, I haven't done the study yet, but I believe there is probably a statistically significant relationship between the number of calories in a coffee drink and how much I enjoy it.  Keep that in mind from here on out.


As I said, I was running back to work with this drink, so I had to grab a quick snapshot of their presentation in a take-out cup. I was pretty pleased with it...I mean, chocolate shavings on top of the whipped cream is always nice!  Shortly after, I covered it with an ugly plastic cap. Oh yeah, and their cups have this really awesome texture, so it's not really hot holding the cup. My drink ended up being excellent. Turns out it was a good move to detour over there.


As Plumes is in downtown Monterey, you can easily swing by the Farmer's Market on Tuesdays and then stop by, snag a warm drink, and sit in the window watching the people walk by. Hmmm...maybe I'll do that next time and try their Apple Cider.

No comments:

Post a Comment